I want to know about Italy I heard that Italy provide free education to international students so if someone bring clarity then it would be helpful for me and is it possible to go Italy without IELTS?

Please explain it

Asked by Yogesh over 1 year ago

Answers 1


MentR-Me Team

Study abroad expert

Italy does provide free education to international students at public universities, but there may be some fees for administrative costs and enrollment. However, some private universities may charge tuition fees for international students.

There are several scholarships available for international students to study in Italy. Some examples include:

  1. The Italian Government scholarships are offered to international students by the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs. These scholarships cover tuition fees, accommodation, and a monthly allowance for living expenses.
  2. The Erasmus+ program offers scholarships to students from participating countries to study or work abroad, including in Italy.
  3. The Dante Alighieri Society scholarships are offered to students from non-EU countries who are studying the Italian language and culture.
  4. The "Uni-Italia" scholarships for non-EU students to study in Italy, these scholarships cover tuition fees, accommodation, and a monthly allowance for living expenses.
  5. The "Study in Italy" scholarships for non-EU students, these scholarships are offered by the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation (MAECI) and the Italian Cultural Institutes

It is possible to study in Italy without IELTS (International English Language Testing System) for certain programs or universities. However, many universities and programs in Italy do require proof of English proficiency, and IELTS is one of the most commonly accepted tests.

If you are applying to a program taught in Italian, you may not be required to provide proof of English proficiency. However, if the program is taught in English, then it is likely that the university will require proof of English proficiency such as IELTS, TOEFL, or others.

Some universities accept other tests like TOEFL, PTE, or Cambridge Advanced English Exam as proof of English proficiency. Some universities may also accept an English language certificate obtained in high school or an English language test taken in their country of origin.

It's also worth noting that some universities may offer English language classes or programs to help international students improve their language skills. 

I hope this answers your question. Feel free to leave a comment below if you have any further queries.


Have another Question?
Get Answers from Experts within 12 hours