I have a diploma in Veterinary Science and am pursuing a BA. What further study options do I have in Canada?

Asked by Saif Veterinary almost 2 years ago

Answers 2
Tejaswini Malik

Tejaswini Malik

MentR-Me Team

Study Abroad Expert

After a diploma in veterinary science and Animal husbandry, the pool of opportunity is waiting for you. Besides this, you can also go for a master's in Arts degree and enter a world of diverse job markets. 

Leading MA programs that are in demand: 

  1. Master of Arts in Anthropology
  2. Master of Arts in Theological Studies
  3. Master of Arts in Professional Communication
  4. M.A. in Public Ethics
  5. Master of Arts in Cultural Resource Management (CRM)
  6. Master of Arts in Cultural, Social, and Political Thought
  7. Master of Arts in Environmental Education and Communication
  8. Master of Arts in Environment and Management
  9. Master of Arts in Tourism Management
  10. Master of Arts in Learning and Technology
  11. Master of Arts in Media Production
  12. Master of Arts in Religious Studies

Best MA schools in Canada, based on Q.S. Rankings

  1. Emily Carr University of Art + Design
  2. Concordia University
  3. University of Toronto
  4. OCAD University
  5. Ryerson University
  6. University of British Columbia
  7. Simon Fraser University

Many applicants apply to study abroad annually and select Canada as their destination because of its affordable tuition fees. The total first-year fee of the M.A. The program starts from INR 9.82/- lakh. The average cost of living in Canada is INR 6.23 lakh yearly, depending on the city and your lifestyle.

To enrol in the M.A. program, applicants must fulfil the admission eligibility requirements. Although the basic requirements will differ from university to university, we have included them here.

  • Finish earning your bachelor's degree from a reputable university or college.
  • Degrees in the following fields, including design, fine arts, media arts, architecture, etc., are required.
  • Some Canadian universities need two to three years of professional experience.
  • Students who don't come from English-speaking nations like the U.K., USA, Germany, Australia, etc., must take the IELTS exam.
  • Other English proficiency tests, such as the TOEFL, PTE, etc., are also available to international students.
  • Statement of Purpose (SOP)
  • The Letter of Recommendation (LORs)

You can also go for a postgraduate diploma in Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry. 

Universities helping candidates to pursue higher education in the fields of Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry are: 

  1. The University of British Columbia
  2. University of Saskatchewan
  3. University of Guelph
  4. University of Manitoba
  5. Winnipeg, Canada

Hopefully, this answer will clear all your doubts and give you a little better vision of the scope you have after the existing degrees you have. 

Yash Mothia

Yash Mothia

MentR-Me Team

With your background in Veterinary Science and a BA, you have a solid foundation for further studies in Canada, where there are several advanced programs that can enhance your expertise and expand your career prospects. Here’s what you could consider:

  1. Advanced Veterinary Studies: Programs like a Master’s or PhD in Veterinary Science can specialize you further in areas such as veterinary surgery, wildlife medicine, or veterinary public health.
  2. Animal and Poultry Science: This could be a great fit if you’re interested in nutrition, genetics, or breeding. Universities like the University of Saskatchewan offer strong programs in this field.
  3. Environmental and Conservation Sciences: With the growing emphasis on sustainability, programs in this area will allow you to apply your veterinary knowledge to broader environmental issues, including wildlife conservation.
  4. Public Health: Given the link between animal health and human health, a Master’s in Public Health could be very relevant, especially if you are drawn to epidemiology or policy-making.
  5. Specialized Graduate Certificates: These can be completed in a shorter duration and can provide specialized knowledge in areas such as animal welfare, emergency animal disease response, or biosecurity.

When choosing a program, consider the specific course content, the expertise of the faculty, and the research opportunities available. Canadian institutions like the University of Calgary and McGill University offer excellent resources and networks that you could benefit from. 



Have another Question?
Get Answers from Experts within 12 hours