Can i apply for ms in cs in the USA or Canada after BCA?

Asked by Angad Bhalla almost 2 years ago

Answers 1
Danish Ali Khan

Danish Ali Khan

MentR-Me Team

Study Abroad Expert

You can certainly apply for an MS in CS; there are universities in the United States that accept Indian applications for MS in CS after completing a BCA. Aside from that, you must take the GRE and an English proficiency test such as IELTS/TOEFL. As you mentioned that you have an average academic score, try to get a GRE score of 310-315/340, as there is still time to complete your BCA. Try to get involved in any projects because American universities accept applications based on an applicant's overall profile/performance. Yes, you can apply for MSC CS/IT after BCA. It is also a good option if you want to pursue a master's degree in the CS field. The difference between MSC and MCA is that MSC is a two-year course, whereas MCA is a three-year course, but MCA with lateral entry after completing BCA is also two years. A master's degree in computer science abroad, also known as an MS or M.Sc. (depending on the country), is either a theoretical or research-based subject, or a combination of the two, depending on the university you attend. The United States and Canada are two of the most popular destinations for MS studies abroad. If you have any further questions just ask me.


Have another Question?
Get Answers from Experts within 12 hours