Which university is best for doing MA in psychology in the USA?
Asked by Bhautik Vora about 1 year ago
You can pursue a Master of Science (MS) or Master of Arts (MA) in psychology in the United States (MS). While an MA in psychology works with the practical application of psychology, an MS in psychology concentrates on the scientific study of the human mind and behavior.
Top psychology masters programs in the USA:
1. University of Chicago
The University of Chicago is a private research university in Chicago, Illinois, with an acceptance rate of 7%.
- IELTS and TOEFL are accepted as proof of English language proficiency in the university.
- International applicants are required to score an overall band score of 7, with each section having a band score of 7 in IELTS.
- In TOEFL iBT, the candidate's scores should not be less than 25 in each of the four sections.
Tuition fee: the program has an annual fee of 49,734 USD.
2. California State University
- Applicants must apply online via the Cal State Apply Application and keep track of their application.
Tuition Fee: the average annual fee of the program is 38,600 USD for on-campus learning and 38,715 USD for off-campus (online) learning.
3. Columbia University
- To apply to this university, you must start the application process online through their website.
- A non-refundable fee of $120 has to be paid as the application processing fee.
- The required TOEFL score to apply to the university is 100.
Tuition fee: the average annual cost of the program is 58,770 USD.
4. University of Southern California
- The application process has to be started online on the university's official website.
- A minimum score of 6.5 and 100 is required in IELTS and TOEFL, respectively, to be eligible to apply to this university.
Tuition Fee: the average tuition fee in this university is between 32,560 USD and 49,000 USD.
A master's degree in psychology is regarded as a STEM study in the USA. It can be pursued as a solo degree or a doctoral program with a thesis. The degree takes between one and two years to complete. It costs somewhere between 18 and 43 lakhs Indian rupees. International students have a wide range of financial aid alternatives at their disposal.
With a psychology degree, you can pursue a wide range of careers, including an industrial psychologist, forensic psychologist, child psychologist, clinical psychologist, psychotherapist, school counselor, and career counselor, among many others.
Have another Question?
Get Answers from Experts within 12 hours