Which country is better for master in civil engineering between uk or Canada?

Asked by Vipul Rathod about 2 years ago

Answers 1
Ajay Kaparwan

Ajay Kaparwan

Founder & CEO at Blackcoffe

It may sound cliche, but there is no particular answer to this question. It's not even like the situation is 19-20 in favor of one country. Both the UK and Canada are the spitting image of good civil engineering programs. But the difference between each of their study patterns is prominent. In one case, the UK is your best option while in other, Canada can be provided better for different things.

Let's start with the UK first. The region is already prosperous enough to give out the best engineering course. Civil is one of the most traditional branches of engineering. As well as the UK has been a traditional name in top quality education. If you are looking to be involved with the industry much faster, the UK is a very good place. Their master's in civil engineering courses are generally 1-year long. This way you will be able to step into the industry early.

Canada however offers 2-year civil engineering courses. But the major difference here is that as the USA, Canada also looks to use a standard study approach. Here you will gain insights and knowledge from all important sections of civil engineering. It's up to you if you see this as a blessing or a lack of focus. Besides, the country is ever so generous to civil engineers. So I guess this is good.

To summarize, the UK is better if you are looking for a paced program and a more challenging process. On the other hand, Canada is much more standard and has a safer approach. Both countries have many universities that rank among the #100 universities globally. Plus names like McGill from Canada and Imperial from the UK are one of the biggest names in engineering.

If you want to know which of these countries would be the best suitable for you, you should directly get in touch with experts for FREE. They will brainstorm with you and help you with the best pick.

Let me know if this helps and if you want any other information from my end. 


Have another Question?
Get Answers from Experts within 12 hours