What's the time period of visa for masters in US?

Asked by Manohar Goud 11 months ago

Answers 1
Diksha Garg

Diksha Garg

Supply Chain Management expert

If you're a student from India, you'll need the F-1 Student Visa to study in United States. This visa is

made specifically for students like you who are ready to begin their study abroad adventure in United States.

You have to submit your online visa application (DS-160), create an online profile, and pay the visa

fee. Then, schedule two online appointments: one to a visa application centre in India (to give

biometrics), the other for an interview at the American embassy.

The F-1 Student Visa from United States is valid for up to course duration + 2 months extra. So that

you can stay during your entire degree programme, you may need to renew your visa every year. If

you want to stay in United States after your degree is over, you will have to apply for a different visa,

or a visa renewal through the immigration office 

To apply for the American F-1 Student Visa, you will also have to pay a fee of 360 USD. Depending on your situation, American authorities will allow you to pay this fee online, on location at a visa application centre in India, or through a bank transfer.



Have another Question?
Get Answers from Experts within 12 hours