What is the process of IELTS?
Asked by Mohd Ahmed uddin over 1 year ago
IELTS is an English language proficiency test and the process to take this test is pretty simple. There are three ways in which you can register for your IELTS.
- Register online and pay the test fee using a credit card
- Register in person at any IDP branch or Input Node
- Register by courier and pay the test fee by Demand Draft or ICICI deposit/HDFC deposit slip
While the process to register for IELTS is simple, the exam is very competitive and you need to work hard enough for it.
Here are some preparatory tips for you:
- Use authentic materials whenever possible. Listen to news and podcasts regularly
- Make use of model answers
- Make 'Fair Copies' of your essays
- Practice makes perfect!
- Practice reading in English
- Search for grammar tips online
- Practice writing
- Record yourself
Your goal should be to score a minimum of 8.0 band score and only then you would be able to score atleast a 7.0 band score. Now 7.0 is just the average safe score, you need to make sure that you check for the exact IELTS score requirement for the course and school you wish to apply to.
Why don’t you tell me more about the course that you wish to pursue? Do you have any university or country preference as well?
Let me know and I shall share relevant information for you.
Have another Question?
Get Answers from Experts within 12 hours