What is meant by Data Science and how to pursue it?
Asked by Mamta Rao about 1 year ago
Strategic Consulting, including business plan & sales strategy development, web site traffic growth,
Look, you don’t need to stress too much to understand data science. Basically any operations done with data can be categorized under data sconce. You work with a load of data to analyze, aggregate, manipulate or reform it. It doesn’t have to be anything specific. When you do a masters in data science, you will all learn all these things. Later on, specific roles become specialization.
For example, take analytics for example. It is a very significant part of data science. With a data science master you can choose an analytical elective where you will mostly be suited for analytics jobs. These jobs can be in the business industry or any else for that matter. Data science courses use scientific methods, processes and algorithms in the system to extract something. You can say it is insight or some knowledge or anything.
For how to pursue it, you would first need to select a university and for that country. It’s important because not all countries have similar data science courses. For example, universities in the UK are more specialized and generally offer one-year data science courses. USA and Canada like countries have standard two-year data science courses. However data science masters from the USA are more involved with the business industry. So based on your interest, select a destination first.
The next steps are not that tough and just need your attention.
- You have to have an undergraduate degree from a recognized university. This is required to apply for a master-level program in universities abroad.
- Prepare your academic transcripts and other documents like ID and passport.
- Standardized exams like GRE and GMAT are almost mandatory. There are some universities that have waived off their GRE/GMAT requirements. However, it is always recommended to attempt these tests.
- You have to prepare SOP, LORs and Essays. These documents are asked by universities themselves and are very important. SOP is generally one on number, however, LORs and Essays can be from 1-4 or even more in some cases.
- Then you need to go to the official program data scone program (the one you choose) page and apply for the program. They upload all documents, answer the questions and lastly click submit.
- If you receive an admission letter, you can then start your visa and scholarship process.
- The last step would be booking your ticket and flying to the destination of your closed country and university.
- There you go. This is all you need to pursue a master in data science abroad. However, the procedure can be tiring and you might need some help. Check out the free School Explore Tool here to find your best universities pick without any effort. The process can be very long and this is an effective way to narrow your options. Let me know how it works out for you.
Have another Question?
Get Answers from Experts within 12 hours