These 7 Data Science jokes are a hit to start an interview?
Asked by Mamta Rao 12 months ago
When you sit for an interview, it plays with your confidence. I have worked in the interview committee myself to see how many students that are brilliant but fumble in their interview section. In this situation, it is better to lighten up the mood with a few cracks and jokes. The interviewer is not a thing to be afraid of. Your sense of humour and conversation is appreciated and you can try many things there.
For example, last year when I was on the committee interviewing college graduates for the entry roles in the company, I noticed that is not seen many times. Students are trying to nudge in and explain some of their accomplishments that are not even asked. If it is relevant, you can most definitely put your stand in the interview.
Jokes are a great way to break the tension in these situations. Plus, with data science, your jokes ought to be relevant and technical. Everyone enjoys it, plus it is not unprofessional at all. Here, use these 7 data science jokes to start an interview -
- There are 10 kinds of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don’t (in binary, “10” means two. There is thus only one other type, which logically is people who don't understand binary numbers).
- In data science, if at first, you don’t succeed; call it version 1.0 (smart and relevant information).
- What do you get when you cross a pirate with a data scientist? Someone who specializes in Rrrr (just hilarious, because of the involvement of R in data science).
- Why should you take a data scientist with you into the jungle? Because they can handle Python problems (Python language is one of the most basic things in data science, so obviously).
- I don’t know any programming, but I still Excel in my field! (Excel is a big part of data science)
- Did you hear the one about the statistician? Probably…. (most relevant to statistics area of data science)
- What do you call a program that identifies spa treatments? Facial recognition! (artificial intelligence is always a good joke in data science)
So what do you think? Does any of these put a smile on your face or is it just technical enough? Basic jokes are a good way to begin a conversation. If you use one of these in your interview to start, the interviewer will know that you are confident enough to start with a joke. Let me know if you want any more of these. I have a list of data science jokes that I read and laugh at from time to time.
Have another Question?
Get Answers from Experts within 12 hours