My father is not enough rich so he can send me Australia for my studies I want to ask that can I gather some money from my grandparents and remaining with education loan will it effect my visa chances?

Asked by Puneet over 1 year ago

Answers 1
Jim Anderson

Jim Anderson

Investment Banking Associate at JPMorgan Chase & Co

To receive an Australian student visa, you must prove that you have enough money to support yourself throughout your stay. You can either:

Provide bank statements, evidence of grants or scholarships. This will prove that you have enough money to cover all your costs and expenses through your course, such as travel, course fees and rent.

Supply proof of your parent's or partner’s annual income, which must be AUD$62,222 in the year immediately before you apply. If you bring family members, the annual income must be at least AUD$72,592.

As you mentioned you are borrowing money from your grandparents, this should get in way of getting your visa approval



Have another Question?
Get Answers from Experts within 12 hours