Is IELTS compulsory to study Masters in Canada?
Asked by Sahil Mehta over 1 year ago
If you intend to study abroad in a nation that speaks English like Canada, you will be familiar with terminology like IELTS, PTE, TOEFL, etc. These English language competency exams evaluate your abilities to speak, understand, and write in English. But as a candidate, you'll be aware that getting accepted to a foreign university and receiving a student visa may be difficult without these exam results.
There are a few Canadian colleges that do not require IELTS. For international students, several universities also waive the IELTS requirement. Without IELTS, it is feasible to attend school in Canada. However, it is possible to obtain a Canada student visa without IELTS or even admission to Canadian universities without IELTS via a different method.
IELTS is not a requirement to enroll in Canadian colleges. Various alternatives include:
- Exception: In Canada, international students from English-speaking nations may not be required to submit their IELTS results.
- English Medium Certificate: In place of English proficiency tests, students may substitute documentation showing that they attended an English-medium school for at least four years.
- Students may also submit results from alternative English proficiency examinations, such as the Duolingo English Test, the TOEFL, and the PTE. The majority of overseas students choose to go along this extremely popular path.
- Course Exemption: International students who are unable to submit an English proficiency test may choose to enroll in English language courses given by the institution (if the option is available).
Canada Universities Without IELTS
- Brock University
- Carleton University
- Memorial University
- University of Regina
- Cambrian University
- University of Saskatchewan
- University of Winnipeg
- Concordia University
- Okanagan College
- Seneca College
Without IELTS, international students who choose to study in Canada must submit a few documents for the Canada Study Visa Process. As follows:
- English language proof: Show proof of taking an English course at the university or the TOEFL, CAEL Assessment, CAN exam, or Duolingo (if it is a provided option.)
- Confirmation of Acceptance: Evidence of admission in a program at a particular university that accepts students without IELTS.
- Valid passport or other travel authorization, two current passport-size photos (Name and Date of Birth written at the back of each photo).
- Proof of Financial Support: Submit pertinent documentation to demonstrate that you have the resources to pay for your studies in Canada. Add the appropriate documentation demonstrating your financial stability to prove you are eligible to study in Canada, whether it be a scholarship, bank statement, or educational loan.
I hope this helped to clear your doubts.
Have another Question?
Get Answers from Experts within 12 hours