I'm a CSE graduate and want to pursue MS in CS at a USA college with affordable fees. Can I get some suggestions for colleges?
Asked by Pidugu Rohith Raj over 1 year ago
Considered a hotbed of the Information Technology domain, the US, with its top-ranked world-class universities, state-of-the-art technology, and instructing mechanism, is among the most favoured destinations for IT education. Students from throughout the globe compete to get enrolled in their favourite American institute due to vivid employment prospects, return on investment (ROI) and networking opportunities.
With Computer Science gurus in plenty of demand with the hastily growing technology growth, the US presents more than a few specialisations in this area with a bendy find out about the system. The purpose the US stands aside from the other countries is that students are taught via sensible approaches. Contests are hosted via many instructional establishments in which college students are given a deadline to create systems/technology. This enhances their creativity as properly as logical reasoning is viable.
Following are the universities for Pursuing MS in CS in the USA
- Massachusetts Institute of TechnologyStanford University
- Carnegie Mellon University
- The University of California, Berkeley (UCB)
- Harvard University
MS Computer Science Cost/Fees in the US
To pursue MS in computer science in the USA, the lessons fee may additionally vary for exceptional universities and institutions. Students are recommended to do thorough research related to the training charge as well as the living value whilst making use of it for admission. This will resource in filtering the universities as per your budget. The average first-year value of analyzing MS Computer Science in the US is INR 18-25 lakh, and the common dwelling cost can be anywhere near INR 8 lakh per annum. Factors affecting a student’s residing expenditure are choice of accommodation, non-public expenditure, informal travelling, etc.
Student Visa charges for the US
There are two kinds of visas which are required for students who desire to pursue a Master's in Computer Science in the USA. Both of them have been defined in detail below:
This scholar visa is for worldwide students who want to pursue studies in the US. To achieve an F1 visa, one would need to possess Form I20, Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant Student Status. The F1 visa scholar rate is $160. Additional prices might be required to be paid based on your domestic United States and the US Embassy you approach for form filling.
J-1 visa, J pupil visa or exchange traveller visa is required for worldwide college students who prefer to take part in trade packages in the US.
The primary standards that college students wishing to pursue MS in Cs in the USA need to possess have been summed up below:
- A Bachelor’s or undergraduate degree with a combination GPA of 3 GPA out of 4.0.
- GRE score between 290-330. The rating required may also vary depending upon the university.
- English language proficiency check rating in IELTS (6.5 to 7) or TOEFL (7 to 7.5).
- Internship or work journey certificate or proof.
- Photocopies of passport.
- An accurate resume with a specified precis of your training and work (if applicable).
- Letter of Recommendation by way of your home country mentor or employer, mentioning why you're a match for admission.
- Statement of Purpose defines your future dreams and motive to learn about in the US.
- Academic Transcripts.
- Proof of money via financial institution statements mentioning that you’ve enough stability to pay your 1- yr lessons and living fee.
Work Permit after MS Computer Science in the US
After pursuing Computer Science in the USA, you may additionally want to extend your stay for employment or different associated work. To stretch your stay, you may also require any of the following:
Optional Practical Training (OPT):
With the assistance of an OPT extension, graduates can remain in the US after completing their direction and work for most of 12 months.
STEM OPT Extension: This is required by analyzing science, technology, engineering, or mathematics. STEM OPT extension will let you stay and work in the United States for 24 months post-graduation.
Have another Question?
Get Answers from Experts within 12 hours