I will complete 15 years of education in India in 2023 but I need 16 years of education for going to America. Can I get to know 1-year courses and affordable colleges in Canada?

Asked by swetha about 1 year ago

Answers 1
Kimaya Nigam

Kimaya Nigam

MentR-Me Team

Country Expert : USA

If you want to pursue a master's program, you should know that most universities require 16 years of education (12+4) for applicants.

Universities in the United States that Accept Three Years of a Bachelor's Degree (15 Years of Education) for a Master's

  • Harvard Business School
  • MIT Sloan School of Management
  • Duke University Fuqua School of Business
  • Dartmouth University Tuck School of Business
  • Columbia Business School
  • University of Chicago Booth School of Business
  • Northwestern University Kellogg School of Management
  • University of Pennsylvania Wharton School of Business
  • Carnegie Mellon University
  • The University of North Carolina at Charlotte
  • University of Virginia Darden School of Business
  • Syracuse University Whitman School of Management
  • Baruch College Zicklin School of Business
  • Bentley University
  • Johns Hopkins, Carey Business School
  • University at Buffalo
  • Texas A&M University
  • University of Arizona
  • University of California, Berkeley
  • Santa Clara University
  • Northeastern University
  • Stevens Institute of Technology

Some universities only accept applicants for certain postgraduate programs who have completed 16 years of formal education (12 years plus 4). The admissions departments of all the universities a student is considering should be contacted.

And there are several ways you might move on to achieve your objective if the 16-year criteria are satisfied for the university or postgraduate degree you have chosen.

You could transfer during your undergrad to a university in the US or Canada for your third and fourth years of college. If you had to repeat a year, it would add a year to your undergraduate studies and satisfy the requirement.

You can also apply to institutions abroad to pursue a Master's or Ph.D. after earning a one-year postgraduate degree from an Indian university, like an M.Com.

Another option is to enroll in a postgraduate diploma or pre-MBA program at a foreign university before applying for the degree program. Speak with the admissions committee of each university separately for more information on this.

The non-profit organization World Education Services (WES), which provides credential evaluation for international students wishing to pursue academic studies in the US and Canada, will also review your degree.

Information about them may usually be found on the websites of the universities and institutions that accept 3-year bachelor's degrees, usually in a section titled "Frequently Asked Questions" (FAQs). It would help if you thus asked your institution and school about this. If the information is not offered, students may consider asking the admissions coordinator for it.


Have another Question?
Get Answers from Experts within 12 hours