I Want to Study Aircraft Maintenance Engineering (AME) course?Where To Study?
Asked by Hendry Samuel Christopher P over 1 year ago
The branch of aerospace engineering known as aircraft maintenance engineering is taught at the bachelor's and master's degrees. The primary goal of the course is to prepare students to handle the numerous facets of maintaining and operating an aircraft, such as troubleshooting issues, doing routine inspections, and performing repairs.
Various colleges provide the following list of AME courses throughout the world:
Centennial College, Canada
- Advanced Diploma in Aviation Technology – Aircraft Maintenance and Management, Three years
- Diploma in Aviation Technician – Aircraft Maintenance, Two years
University of South Wales, UK
- BSc (Hons) in Aircraft Maintenance Systems and Management, Four years
Nilai University, Malaysia
- Diploma in Aircraft Maintenance Engineering, 2.5 years
Southern Illinois University Carbondale, USA
- Bachelor of Science in Aviation Technologies, Aircraft Maintenance, Three years
Newcastle College University Centre, UK
- BSc (Hons) in Aircraft Maintenance Engineering, Three years
Wrexham Glyndwr University, UK
- Aircraft Maintenance Engineering, One year
Universiti Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Diploma in Engineering Technology in Aeroplane Maintenance, Three years
Aviation Australia, Australia
- Diploma in Aircraft Maintenance Engineering, 90 weeks
The following requirements must be satisfied by engineering students who are interested in the AME program:
- At the time of enrollment, candidates had to have passed the Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics (PCM) portion of the 10+2 board exam or an equivalent 3-year engineering diploma in any stream approved by the AICTE.
- The candidate's PCM or equivalent score in the 10+2 must have been at least 45 per cent.
- Candidates who meet the requirements for admission to the B.Tech degree may also apply for the AME program.
- At the time of application, candidates must be between the ages of 16 and 28.
- Candidates must be physically unrestricted and colourblind.
Depending on the license selected and the institution, a course in aircraft maintenance engineering may cost more or less. In some AME universities, AME education costs range from 3 to 6 lakhs, and NRI students frequently pay expensive course fees. The charges that the applicant chooses throughout the AME CET entry counselling process are set by the AME institute.
Pursuing AME courses will open the door to various employment prospects in the aviation business, from working with national and international carriers to aircraft manufacturing companies. You will be expected to take care of commercial aeroplanes and other aircraft types like helicopters and seaplanes. The positions in the aviation industry can help you apply your engineering abilities successfully because there are more opportunities for you to advance and develop in the field.
Have another Question?
Get Answers from Experts within 12 hours