I want to study abroad for my master's and I don't want to give any language tests. So, is there any chance that I can study abroad without an IELTS or TOFEL and on a budget too?
Asked by Mohd Saad over 1 year ago
Yes, ofcourse. IELTS is just a language proficiency test and not a benchmark to study abroad. The two countries that you can target majorly are UK and Canada.
Requirements to study in the UK universities without IELTS
1. Pre-sessional English course
2. Certificate of English as an Official Language
3. More than 70 % marks obtained in English in 10th & 12th standard
4. Studied English as a primary subject
Alternatives to giving IELTS in the UK
Duolingo English Test
Cambridge English: Proficiency
UK universities without IELTS requirements
London Southbank University - Good grades in English in 12th standard
University of Bristol - Take a pre-sessional language course
The University of Warwick - Provides pre-sessional English courses for those wanting to study without IELTS
The University of Essex - Provides pre-sessional English courses
Sheffield Hallam University - Take up an English Language course at the university’s TESOL centre
University of Winnipeg
- The university has its own English Language Program (ELP) which you need complete with the prescribed score.
- The university offers the Intensive English Language Program (IELP) for those who can’t provide English language proficiency scores.
University of Saskatchewan
- Who can’t prove their English proficiency can take up the U-PREP program at the University of Saskatchewan Language Centre (USLC) before beginning their chosen course.
University of Regina
- This university accepts several alternatives like TOEFL, TOEFL iBT, Duolingo, CAEL scores for admissions to UG and PG programmes.
- The language proficiency of students is evaluated upon arrival, and those who do not meet the prerequisites will have to take up English language courses before beginning their chosen program.
Let me know if you need any more information or assistance from my end.
Have another Question?
Get Answers from Experts within 12 hours