I want to pursue my master's in computer science in the USA, but the visa process is an ongoing loop, so should I choose Canada, USA Or Germany?

Asked by Monica S about 2 years ago

Answers 1
Edwin  Selvaraj

Edwin Selvaraj

MentR-Me Team

Country Expert : UK

Authorization for international students to study in Canada is given in the form of a study permit provided by the Canadian immigration authorities. Without current study permission, international students are not permitted to enrol in classes in Canada. In addition, students who receive study authorization may enrol in specific educational institutions. An educational facility granted permission by a provincial or territorial authority to welcome international students is a Designated Learning Institution (DLI).

On a Dependent visa, spouses may travel with full-time students. You only need to demonstrate that there are sufficient funds to support them. If they stay for a year or more, spouses may also work full-time.

You might be eligible to apply for an open work permit if you're coming to Canada with your spouse or common-law partner. When you arrive in Canada, you can search for and accept any job with an open work permit. You can apply for your work visa without a job offer or a favorable labor market impact assessment.

In the USA, Students are not permitted to take off-campus employment during their first year. More than 20 hours a week cannot be worked by them. They might put in up to 40 hours each week throughout vacations and holidays. The student may work for a business that offers services to the college, such as a cafeteria or bookstore.

A spouse with F2 status is permitted to attend vocational or recreational classes, such as learning how to play tennis or cook, but they are not permitted to enroll in a complete course of study. Children with F2 status can enroll full-time in elementary, middle, or high school. At a college or university, they are not permitted to enrol in a full-time program of study.

During their stay on the F2 Visa, a student's spouse and children are not permitted to accept employment at any time.

You need a residence permit if you plan to study in Germany for longer than 90 days. You'll have to prove to the visa officer that you have money to last for a year. The funds would be kept in a Blocked Account and would be €861 per month or €10,332 per year (estimated). A student's residency permit is only good for two years. If the course lasts longer than two years, it must be renewed.

While you study in Germany, your spouse and kids may live with you, but only under certain conditions. These prerequisites include having adequate financial resources and living space. Cases are handled individually at the German Consulate, so if you can properly communicate your circumstances to the Consulate, you can receive special consideration.


Have another Question?
Get Answers from Experts within 12 hours