I want to pursue CPA in the USA. So want to complete information on how to proceed, finance required?

Asked by nida sultana about 1 year ago

Answers 1
Saumya Chadha

Saumya Chadha

MentR-Me Team

Study Abroad Expert

US CPA is amongst the highest credential in the field of accounting, offering students in-depth and extensive knowledge in the field.

To appear for the US Certified Public Accountant (CPA) examination a candidate should be a Postgraduate, preferably in Commerce like -

Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India
Member of the Institute of Cost and Works Accountants in India.
Member of the Company Secretaries in India.
Master of Commerce.
Indian CAs with BCom are also accepted by quite a few states in the US. However, the exact criteria will vary from State to State.

The candidate must complete 150 hours of the CPA course semester to obtain the CPA license. Many states require candidates to have 1-2 years of experience under a CPA.
The candidate has to complete the four-part assessment in 18 months to be eligible for a CPA license.

I hope this helps.


Have another Question?
Get Answers from Experts within 12 hours