I have scored 76.4% in 12th and 57.3% in BCom. Am I eligible to study in Canada after 3 year study gap?

Asked by Nikhil Kumar Dogra over 1 year ago

Answers 1


MentR-Me Team

Studying in Canada comes with a few requirements, yes. But it does not concern what you have forgotten in your 12th. It is like the university board only requires you to submit your grades and scores of the highest qualification. So here you will be presenting your BCom score as eligibility which is 57.3%.

Now I would not lie; your CGPA is on the lower side. However, it does not mean it is a permanent hindrance to getting admission in Canada. I have helped many students get into their dream schools with low grades. The trick is to use your curricular and other qualifications to balance the profile. Your goal must include as many relevant things as possible in your profile so that our grades automatically fade away.

Certificates, projects, online workshops or records work really well here. And if you have some NGO experience, do not forget to mention it on your profile. It works like a charm. Now about your study gap. A 3-year gap is understandable and allowed in almost every country. You can definitely apply to various universities abroad in different countries. However, keep in mind that the university might need an explanation for this gap. Keep your reasons straight and records to prove that.

If you want to talk more about this let me know.


Have another Question?
Get Answers from Experts within 12 hours