I have done diploma & btech in civil engineering back in 2017 after that there is 5 year study gap. Meanwhile I was preparing for govt. Exams. Should I change my stream or adopt new career option?

Does changing my stream from civil to MS-BA or MIS recommend or not?

Asked by Kashish about 1 year ago

Answers 1
Kimaya Nigam

Kimaya Nigam

MentR-Me Team

Country Expert : USA

Well If you ask me I would suggest you go for an MIS, the Masters in Information Systems (MIS) programme is concerned with the study of developing a relationship between people, technology, and the organisation, as well as performing most business-related operations, such as strategic decision making, in a more efficient manner. The primary goal of MIS is to work toward improving the customer experience by implementing innovative, technical changes in the company's working and operation. Candidates who wish to apply for MIS courses must hold an undergraduate degree in the same or a comparable discipline. Some universities, however, may need it to be in the same field.

Some academic institutions may also emphasise having a minimum GPA as a criterion for admission.
Business knowledge or programming skills may also be required. This criterion, however, may differ from one university to the next. As a result, it is preferable for the individual to conduct extensive study before applying to any college.
While having at least 1-2 years of work experience is required in many colleges, it may not be required at all in others.
If you have any other questions just ask me.



Have another Question?
Get Answers from Experts within 12 hours