I have done BE in mechanical engineering I wanna know which course is good for masters in USA?
Asked by Aishwarya S over 1 year ago
STEM courses often include the interdisciplinary discipline of engineering. The field of mechanical engineering is one of those. Mechanical engineering is one of the most well-known branches of engineering, and it is a highly sought-after profession in the USA. A successful career and a well-paying position in the nation can be yours if you complete an MS in mechanical engineering there.
Because mechanical engineering is a large field, each university's specialization course structure is unique. But some of the fundamental course topics are the same at various universities. Here is a list of them:
- Engineering concepts
- Engineering Mathematics
- Electrical and Electronic Systems
- Mechanics, Structures, and Materials
- Systems Modeling
Throughout your degree, you can choose from several specializations in mechanical engineering. You can extend your studies in a particular sector and apply for specialized jobs with the aid of these specializations. In American colleges, students can choose from the following specializations when pursuing an MS in mechanical engineering:
- Biomechanical Engineering
- Energy Science and Technology
- Micro-Electromechanical Systems (MEMS)
- Ocean Engineering
- Transportation Systems
List of American universities that offer an MS in mechanical engineering:
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Cambridge, United States
- Stanford University, Stanford, United States
- The University of California, Berkeley (UCB), Berkeley, United States
- University of Michigan-Ann Arbour, Ann Arbour, United States
- Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, United States
- California Institute of Technology (Caltech), Pasadena, United States
- Purdue University, West Lafayette, United States
- The University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA), Los Angeles, United States
- Northwestern University, Evanston, United States
All institutions in the USA that provide an MS in mechanical engineering have the same broad prerequisites, even though the eligibility standards vary from university to university. These are what they are:
- 4-years bachelor's degree
- GRE test scores
- English proficiency test scores
- IELTS score of 6.5 to 7.0
- TOEFL score of 80 to 100
- Letters of Recommendation
- Statement of Purpose
The USA has an extremely high level of living. Consequently, the cost of living in the USA is very high. However, depending on their lifestyle, kind of housing, rent, and city, the cost of living varies from student to student. In the USA, students' average monthly cost of living might range from $800 to $2000.
If you wish to pursue a career in engineering, an MS in mechanical engineering is a fantastic choice.
Have another Question?
Get Answers from Experts within 12 hours