I have completed my MSc in Biotechnology. Which course will be good for me to study in Canada and which good colleges for the September intake?
Asked by Priyanka Makwana over 1 year ago
You can go for a PhD in biotechnology. Following are the universities best suited for you in Canada:
University of British Columbia
- The University of British Columbia is a commonplace Canadian college imparting a PhD in Medical Biotechnology.
- While the common application funding can go up to 28,000 CAD, each pupil is certain a program stipend of 18,000 CAD per 12 months for four years which is a large alleviation for students who want monetary support.
- The PhD in Biotechnology at Brock University affords two specializations: chemical biotechnology and gene biotechnology.
- The duration of this application is four years, divided into terms.
University of Calgary
- The PhD in Biological Sciences at the University of Calgary takes 4 to 5 years to complete, while a student has six years to complete the program.
- There are a lot of funding sources for this software ranging from scholarships, education, and lookup assistantships to research grants.
University of Guelph
- Remarkably, college students of Guelph University have a greater success rate in receiving funding from the Natural Science and Engineering Research Council, the Social Science and Humanities Research Council, and the Ontario Graduate Scholarship program.
- The PhD in Biotechnology at Lakehead University can be finished in three to four years. The college is acknowledged for its progressive packages and cutting-edge research. The specializations reachable for this application are Medical Biotechnology and Environmental Biotechnology, having an interdisciplinary approach.
Before searching at the pinnacle universities in Canada for PhD in Biotechnology, it is integral to learn about the eligibility criteria and admission system for PhD in Biotechnology Canada. The entry requirements can also range from one institution to another; some frequent requirements are:
- Masters degree
- English language talent requirements
- Canada learn about allow
Career opportunities wise, professionals working in biotechnology is anticipated to make spherical 161,000 CAD per year. Your best profits can go up to 285,000 CAD per year.
With a PPh.D.in Biotechnology, you can also also be working as a research scientist in the self-discipline of biotechnology, prescription tablets or meals science industries, be appointed for an academic, authorities or industrial research position or other job titles such as bioinformatics technician, manner improvement specialist, chemical manager, etc.
Let me know if you have more concerns!
Have another Question?
Get Answers from Experts within 12 hours