I have a study gap of 3 years.Can i do bachelors in Canada?

Asked by Anaka Premraj S over 1 year ago

Answers 1
Prakhar Tyagi

Prakhar Tyagi

MentR-Me Team

Country Expert : UK

Yes! You will be glad to know that most colleges and institutions providing higher education in Canada accept study gaps supported by valid reasons and legitimate documents. For example, it is common for international students to take gap years to work for two or three years before aiming for another degree. Some of the institutions in Canada even allow an extended gap if you have a valid reason to support it. 

Note -  if you have good grades in the past, no significant gap in work experience, good IELTS score, and as far as you are going to study something related to your previous education field, you will get a visa and admission.


Just be sure that-

You are a genuine student with a proper academic plan
Your academic plan is reasonable and in line with your previous studies even if you’ve planned to change your stream
You have enough funds
You are clean with no history of any previous violations of immigration law
You have a nicely written SOP with clear explanations.
Let me know if you have any more questions; I would be happy to answer all your questions. 




Have another Question?
Get Answers from Experts within 12 hours