I have 6 months workex as of now and currently employed in E&Y. I am looking for something in top 10 in UK. Should I go for MIM or wait 2-3 more years and go for MBA?

Asked by Manik over 1 year ago

Answers 1
candice samuel

candice samuel

Recruiting Manager, Operations at Apple

MiM is an equivalent degree to MBA. It offers the same management knowledge and the skills relevant to the business and managerial world. The catch here is that an MiM is specifically made for fresh graduates like you.  Universities abroad provide an MiM to students without any work experience and thus act like the perfect course for students like you who wish to gain managerial skills without any prior work experience. So with your current work experience, you can go for an MiM in the top B-schools like:

1. London Business School 

2. University of Bath - School of Management

3. ESCP Europe

4. Imperial College Business School

5. Durham University Business School

6. Warwick Business School
7. University of Birmingham
8. University College Dublin 
9. King's College London
10. University of Oxford - Saïd Business School


While this is just a general school list, you should also keep in mind that all universities have a certain set of profile requirements, and you need to apply to universities that align with your profile for the same. It’s not necessary that you will be able to apply to all of these mentioned universities because of your profile. Still,  there is also a possibility that you can get into some more exceptional universities. 

I know it can be a bit difficult to find out which universities match your profile, and then there is also a high chance of miscommunication because of a plethora of data over the internet. 

I suggest you check out the FREE School Explore Tool here. It will generate a personalised list of schools that match your profile and preferences. This will make it easier for you to narrow down your best choices then. 

Once you have your school list, I’m sure you would also have questions like how to apply, what are the documents required etc. Let me know, and I will help you with relevant information. 



Have another Question?
Get Answers from Experts within 12 hours