I had completed a three-year degree in India, and now I want to do masters in the USA. Tell me some international universities which accept 15-year education.?

Asked by Mahesh Mahesh about 2 years ago

Answers 1
Edwin  Selvaraj

Edwin Selvaraj

MentR-Me Team

Country Expert : UK

If you plan to pursue a master's, you must know that most universities require 16 years of education (12+4) from the applicants as an eligibility criterion.
But in India, bachelor's programs like BSc, BCom, BBA, BBM, BMM, BA, etc., are completed in 3 years. And thus, by the time a student finishes their bachelor's, they have completed only 15 years of education (12+3). This can make transitioning into postgraduate courses in international institutes with a 3-year bachelor a bit uncertain.

The good news is that many colleges accept 15 years of schooling for certain postgraduate programmes. Universities in the US that accept three years of undergraduate study (15 years of schooling) for a master's

  • Harvard Business School
  • MIT Sloan School of Management
  • Duke University Fuqua School of Business
  • Dartmouth University Tuck School of Business
  • Columbia Business School
  • University of Chicago Booth School of Business
  • Northwestern University Kellogg School of Management
  • University of Pennsylvania Wharton School of Business
  • Carnegie Mellon University
  • The University of North Carolina at Charlotte
  • University of Virginia Darden School of Business
  • Syracuse University Whitman School of Management
  • Baruch College Zicklin School of Business
  • Bentley University
  • Johns Hopkins, Carey Business School
  • University at Buffalo
  • Texas A&M University
  • University of Arizona
  • University of California, Berkeley
  • Santa Clara University
  • Northeastern University
  • Stevens Institute of Technology

For some postgraduate programmes, some universities only accept students who have completed 16 years of schooling (12 years plus 4). Students are urged to contact the admissions offices of all the universities they are considering.

And if the 16-year threshold is met for your selected institution or postgraduate degree, there are several methods you can use to reach your goal.

You could transfer during your undergrad to a university in the United States or Canada for your third and fourth years of college. You might need to repeat a year, but doing so would lengthen your undergraduate studies by a year and meet the requirement.

You can also obtain a one-year postgraduate degree from an Indian university, such as an M.Com, and then apply to universities abroad to pursue a Master's or PhD.

Another choice is to enroll in a pre-MBA or postgraduate diploma programme at an international university before applying for the degree programme. For further details on this, speak with the admissions committee of each university separately.

Additionally, the non-profit company World Education Services (WES), which offers credential review for overseas students hoping to study in the US and Canada, will also examine your degree.


Have another Question?
Get Answers from Experts within 12 hours