I got 5.5 band in reading writing And 6 band in listning and speaking Can i take addmission in canada in masters?
Asked by Anit over 1 year ago
To be honest, your IELTS score is a bit low and it won’t be accepted in universities in canada. You can easily give another attempt with more practice. But just in case that looks like a bit tough, you can also opt for the schools that do not even require an IELTS score in the first place. Here’s a list of the best schools that you can consider along with the criteria that you need to fulfill in place of IELTS:
University of Winnipeg
- The university has its own English Language Program (ELP) which you need complete with the prescribed score.
- The university offers the Intensive English Language Program (IELP) for those who can’t provide English language proficiency scores.
University of Saskatchewan
- Who can’t prove their English proficiency can take up the U-PREP program at the University of Saskatchewan Language Centre (USLC) before beginning their chosen course.
University of Regina
- This university accepts several alternatives like TOEFL, TOEFL iBT, Duolingo, CAEL scores for admissions to UG and PG programmes.
- The language proficiency of students is evaluated upon arrival, and those who do not meet the prerequisites will have to take up English language courses before beginning their chosen program.
Let me know if you need any further information or assistance regarding applying to any of these schools.
Have another Question?
Get Answers from Experts within 12 hours