I completed my btech in mechanical engineering with 8.24 CGPA. Now I am looking for some universities and colleges in canada. For easy PR and possibly a scholarship. I got 8 bands in ielts (A).?

Any suggestions

Asked by Jaspreet Singh almost 2 years ago

Answers 1
Deepali Singh

Deepali Singh

MentR-Me Team

Study Abroad Expert

Hey, your profile is quite promising and your CGPA is good, you can easily get into any college in Canada. Here is a list of universities with their fee structure that you can target:

University of Toronto
: Fees: CAD 62,250
McGill University: Fees: CAD 49,172
The University of British Columbia: Fees: CAD 42,396
University of Alberta: Fees: CAD 39,500
McMaster University: Fees: CAD 58,231
University of Waterloo: Fees: CAD 63,000
University of Ottawa: Fees: CAD 53,955
Queen’s University: Fees: CAD 48,600
Dalhousie University: Fees: CAD 23,478
University of Windsor: Fees: CAD 26,750
Now, here is a list of scholarships that you can apply for:

Erasmus Mundus Joint Masters Scholarship
University of Calgary International Entrance Scholarship: Maximum scholarship amount per student is CAD 15,000
Ontario Graduate Scholarship - Other Master Programs: Maximum scholarship amount per student is CAD 5,000
University of Alberta - India First Year Excellence Scholarship: Maximum scholarship amount per student is CAD 5,000
QS Scholarship For Academic Excellence: Maximum scholarship amount per student is USD 10,000
Work under the PGWP usually lasts the same amount of time as the study programme. A postgraduate work permit can only be issued for the duration of the programme. For you to obtain a PGWP permit in Canada, the course should last at least eight months. Furthermore, international students are permitted to work 20 hours per week on or off campus while pursuing their studies. If you have any further questions just ask me.



Have another Question?
Get Answers from Experts within 12 hours