I am doing a Bachelor of Commerce in India and I want to study CPA Canada. Whether I can do CPA directly on the basis of Bachelor of Commerce?

Asked by Rutvik Patel almost 2 years ago

Answers 1
candice samuel

candice samuel

Recruiting Manager, Operations at Apple

Basically Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) is a good decision after a bachelor of commerce. Plus Canada seems a really nice place for it. By wanting to study CPA, I believe you want CPA masters courses there  in Canada, right? Because CPA is a profession not much of any course name.

The Chartered Professional Accountants of Canada (profession's national body) has dictated rules and processes for pursuing CPA in the country. Basically, Canada has a business certification level that is equal to an Indian graduation course. In Canada, you can find various courses that can lead you to the CPA profession.

You can definitely do a  CPA  masters directly on the basis of bachelor of commerce. A  CPA Professional Education Program (CPA PEP) would be my first recommendation for it. You have other options as well like an MBA (CPA Stream) and the Advanced Diploma in Accounting and Finance (ACAF). But a CPA PEP would be the most directional one.

The only thing here is a related background. Like institutes may ask for an accounting focused degree. So if you choose an accounting specialization (per se) in your bachelors, it would be good. It generally doesn’t happen in abroad master programs. However, since CPA is a very dedicated and directional profession, some institutes in Canada do ask for this.

But you don’t actually need to worry about it. Because these institutes are not common plus it can also be avoided with a really good statement of purpose (SOP) letter. Try making it as relevant as possible to accounting. 

If you need any help in drafting your SOP or at any step of your application for that matter, you should directly get in touch with Experts. They will provide you complete assistance for your application and will help you in the whole process.

Hope this helps!


Have another Question?
Get Answers from Experts within 12 hours