How to start my journey to study higher studies?
Asked by Mogili Anil Kumar about 1 year ago
I know it is a little overwhelming to figure out what to do and when to do in the study abroad process. Here is a preparation timeline that you can consider to make things easier.
1 year before applying:
* Plan virtual tour of the universities you're applying to
* Start researching where you might like to study one year before you start applying to universities. Check out each school’s acceptance rates, location, tuition, campus activities, etc.
* Make a list of target, reach, and safety schools. Pick schools in all the categories, so you will have more options when acceptance letters come out.
9 months before applying
* Take the GMAT or GRE for the first time. This is a good time to assess your level and
identify areas of improvement for your next try.
* Take an English language exam (if required). Choose between the TOEFL and IELTS if you're applying from a non native English speaking country.
6 months before applying
- Start approaching teachers for LOR
- Begin writing your Common Application Essay
- Start Approaching consultants if you need help
5 months before applying
Work on any supplemental essays required for the
colleges you are applying to
4 months before applying
- Take GMAT or GRE for the second time if your score wasn’t good enough
- Start researching financial aid and scholarship options
1 month before applying
Finalize all application requirements and prepare to submit!
Hope this helps!
Have another Question?
Get Answers from Experts within 12 hours