How can I study in USA?

Asked by Vansh Sharma over 1 year ago

Answers 1
Aman Soren

Aman Soren

MentR-Me Team

Country Expert : Canada

To increase your chances of studying in the United States as an international student, you should take the following steps:

Be prepared to pay for the high cost of studying in the United States: Tuition in the United States can be quite expensive. Public universities typically cost around $26,000 per year. Private universities, on the other hand, can cost you an average of $36,000 per year.
Understand and meet the General Application Requirements: TOEFL iBT 92 to 100, IELTS band 6 to 7.5. All international applicants must take the SAT (Scholastic Aptitude Test) or ACT (American College Testing). These are standardised tests that are required for admission to all US universities. Minimum score requirements vary by university, so you should inquire with a school representative for more information. To give you an idea, the average SAT requirement at the fourth-ranked California Institute of Technology is 1560. UCLA, on the other hand, accepts an average SAT score of 1365 and is ranked 36th in the world.
After that, apply to universities in the United States: The academic year at American universities, like many others, begins in September. However, due to the high level of competition among applicants, the application period begins as early as August of the previous year.
Apply for a student visa once you've been accepted: To obtain a student visa in the United States, you must first be accepted by a university that is part of the Student and Exchange Visitor Program. The school will then enrol you in the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS), for which you will be charged $350. Following that, your school will issue you a Form I-120, which you must enter into your SEVIS account. Following completion of these steps, you can apply for a student visa online through the US Embassy website. All you have to do is fill out the DS-160 nonimmigrant visa application and upload a recent photograph.
If you have any further questions just ask me.



Have another Question?
Get Answers from Experts within 12 hours