Hi. I'm so confused what to do after my BCom as I don't know my interests like in real life which courses can be done for good earning?
Asked by Arushi Sharma almost 2 years ago
Without considering the advantages of further education, most of us intend to look for jobs in our fields of interest after completing a bachelor's degree program. However, pursuing a master's degree can considerably increase your chances of securing your ideal position. A specialized curriculum in a topic of your passion might help you build competence in a particular field, opening doors to enormous employment options, especially following an undergraduate course like BCom.
Best professions following a BCom:
- Masters of Commerce (MCom)
- Masters of Commerce (MCom)
- Chartered Accountancy (CA)
- Company Secretary (CS)
- Master in Business Administration (MBA)
- Cost Management Accounting (CMA)
- Actuarial ScienceAssociation of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP)
- Financial Risk Management (FRM)
- Digital Marketing
- Bachelor of Education (BEd)
- Business Accounting and Taxation or BAT Course
- Web Designing
- Graphic Designing
- Stock Broking
- ICWA Course
- Supply Chain Management
If you want to pursue a career in banking after earning your BCom., you may also sit for government examinations or bank exams like SBI PO or IBPS. You can also take these tests to explore lucrative government employment.
Here are the top jobs and expected salaries (on average) for those looking for career possibilities after earning a bachelor's degree in commerce:
Chartered Accountant (CA): 8 Lakhs to 22 Lakhs p.a.
- Company Secretary (CS): 4.5 Lakhs to 10 LPA p.a.
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA): 10 Lakhs to 25 Lakhs p.a.
- Certified Management Accountant (CMA): 8 Lakhs to 14 Lakhs p.a.
- Bank Manager: 7 Lakhs to 9 Lakhs p.a.
- MBA – Managerial Profiles: 6 Lakhs to 10 Lakhs p.a.
- MCom (Finance Consultant, Market Researcher, etc.): 3 Lakhs to 6 Lakhs p.a.
- Tax Consultant: 7 Lakhs to 10 Lakhs p.a.
- Actuary: 10 Lakhs to 20 Lakhs p.a.
- Teacher/Professor: 4 Lakhs to 10 Lakhs p.a.
Here is a list of top universities and schools that provide a wide range of degrees and short-term courses in the various specializations of commerce to aid your research.
- University of Gottingen
- University of Hertfordshire
- University of Kentucky
- La Trobe University
- University of Sydney
- University of Queensland
- University College Cork
- Hong Kong Polytechnic University
- University of New South Wales
- Victoria University of Wellington
- University of Western Australia
- University of Southampton– Southampton Business School
As a result, a massive variety of career-focused courses are available to you after completing a BCom. Please let me know if you continue to experience confusion while choosing the appropriate path. I'll do my best to provide you with more options.
Have another Question?
Get Answers from Experts within 12 hours