Hi, I’m pursuing Political Science at DU. I want to apply for a Master in Supply Chain Management. The issue is I have 15 years of education. How can I become eligible to apply for Masters?

Can you please suggest if I can pursue a PG Diploma in India for one year and then move to Canada for a master's?

Asked by Paridhi Bhalla about 2 years ago

Answers 1


MentR-Me Team

If you want to pursue a master's program, you should know that most universities require 16 years of education (12+4) for applicants.

Universities in the United States that accept three years of a bachelor's degree (15 years of education) for a master's:


  1. Harvard Business School
  2. MIT Sloan School of Management
  3. Duke University Fuqua School of Business
  4. Dartmouth University Tuck School of Business
  5. Columbia Business School
  6. University of Chicago Booth School of Business
  7. Northwestern University Kellogg School of Management
  8. University of Pennsylvania Wharton School of Business
  9. Carnegie Mellon University
  10. The University of North Carolina at Charlotte

Some universities only accept applicants for certain postgraduate programs who have completed 16 years of formal education (12 years plus 4). The admissions departments of all the universities a student is considering should be contacted.

And there are several ways you might move on to achieve your objective if the 16-year criteria are satisfied for the university or postgraduate degree you have chosen.

You could transfer during your undergrad to a university in the US or Canada for your third and fourth years of college. If you had to repeat a year, it would add a year to your undergraduate studies and satisfy the requirement.

You can also apply to institutions abroad to pursue a Master's or Ph.D. after earning a one-year postgraduate degree from an Indian university, like an M.Com.

Another option is to enroll in a postgraduate diploma or pre-MBA program at a foreign university before applying for the degree program. Speak with the admissions committee of each university separately for more information on this.

The non-profit organization World Education Services (WES), which provides credential evaluation for international students wishing to pursue academic studies in the US and Canada, will also review your degree.

Information about them may usually be found on the websites of the universities and institutions that accept 3-year bachelor's degrees, usually in a section titled "Frequently Asked Questions" (FAQs). It would help if you thus asked your institution and school about this. If the information is not offered, students may consider asking the admissions coordinator for it.


Have another Question?
Get Answers from Experts within 12 hours