Hi, I have a distance bachelor's degree with an 85% GPA and no backlogs. Can I still apply to universities in Canada for an MBA or Marketing related post-graduation diploma for the Fall 2022 intake?
Asked by Monica Gupta over 1 year ago
While a top CGPA score helps to secure admission easily, many colleges/ universities in Canada accept low CGPA. Let's discover what you want to know about Canadian Universities obtaining low CGPA, their admission process, the files required, and more.
What is Low and Good CGPA?
Good CGPA: A fantastic honor and second-class higher honor are properly CGPA for a postgraduate diploma in most Canadian universities.
Low CGPA: A CGPA beneath the second higher category is considered low for a postgraduate or undergraduate degree. While the low CGPA impacts the admission procedure, many Canadian universities accept low CGPA.
A pupil with a low CGPA can get into a Canadian university. CGPA is no longer the sole criteria that a college considers for admission. Your overall academic profile is assessed with the aid of the respective university. If you have a low CGPA, you must ensure that you've proper educational files that are successful enough to compensate for your low CGPA.
Limitations of a Low CGPA
A low CGPA comes alongside some drawbacks. For example, consider the following noted barriers when applying for admission to a Canadian university:
- Try to avoid these universities that strongly advise or use CGPA as an important factor for admission for students.
- Art or Humanities courses tend to consider students with a lower CGPA, whilst Science and Engineering publications require college students with an excessive or a common CGPA.
- Do not go for such guides that require additional tutorial documents and coursework.
- Try to select guides that require self-skills, work experiences, and information, such as Business courses.
List of Canadian Universities Accepting Low CGPA
About 27 colleges and universities in Canada offer you admission with a low CGPA. Here's the listing of some of the Canadian universities accepting low CGPA:
- University of Regina (REGINA)
- King's University College
- Camosun College
- Vancouver Community College
- Conestoga College
- Algonquin College
- Capilano University
- Georgian College
- Humber College
- Centennial College
- University of the Fraser Valley
- Saint Thomas University
- Concordia University of Edmonton
- Vancouver Island University (Malaspina)
- Université Saint Paul
- OCAD University
Have another Question?
Get Answers from Experts within 12 hours