Hello! I am from India. I want to study medicine in USA or UK. Could you please tell me what process is required to do so?
Asked by Syed Muntaha over 1 year ago
Here are the simple steps to applying to a clinical course in the UK or USA:
STEP 1: Check Eligibility Requirements
- The pupil must have carried out 18 years of age earlier than joining a degree program.
- Medicine is very competitive self-discipline and requires excessive grades, broadly speaking, in science subjects and the
- English language. Chemistry is nearly always crucial, and biology scores are an obligatory requirement.
- Some scientific schools require you to take exams such as the UK Clinical Aptitude Test (UKCAT) or the Biomedical (BMAT). It depends on your college and which exam ratio they ask for.
STEP 2: Register for BMAT or UKCAT
- The BioMedical Admissions Test (BMAT) is a difficult check taken by applicants to medicine, veterinary, and other related courses. The UK Clinical Aptitude Test (UKCAT) is a part of the choice for many UK scientific and dental schools to help them pick out amongst the satisfactory candidates making use of the course.
- Ought to take the BMAT in the year you use as BMAT rankings are legitimate only for one year. The check is held in the first week of November, so you must register in advance.
STEP 3: Register for IELTS Exam
- The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) is required to be taken to get admission into UK colleges.
- The examination assesses the test-takers potential to speak in the 4 language competencies – listening, speaking, reading, and writing. You can take the IELTS exam with the British Council up to a peak the British Council takes 48 days per year.
STEP 4: Documents Required
- Attested copies of academic sheets of class X and XII or any different diploma
STEP 5: Complete UCAS Application
- Applications are made thru UCAS (Universities and Colleges Admissions Service). It is a frequent entrance shape that applies to your choice. The deadline for utility via UCAS is October 15.
- The UCAS utility shape should be whole and accurate, as the scientific colleges do not now take delivery of late applicants. You will be required to consist of a private assertion and an academic letter of reference.
After these, the college will contact you if your software is shortlisted. You will be notified of your status; they will send the Letter of Acceptance.
Have another Question?
Get Answers from Experts within 12 hours