Does the US accept 3 years bachelors' degrees for MS?

Asked by Disna Rai almost 2 years ago

Answers 1
Ajay Kaparwan

Ajay Kaparwan

Founder & CEO at Blackcoffe

YES and NO. Don’t be confused with the answer. See, in the USA the undergraduate degrees are basically four-year long. So the general requirement of the universities in the USA is a plus four years after  your 12th. But this comes with great flexibility.

You must have seen the requirements mentioned on a program page of a university. Usually they mention a four year degree or equivalent. Now the point you need to know here is; the equivalent does not refer to your country criteria for a bachelor degree. It just means an equivalent degree. Students usually take it as an alternative given for admission requirements.

But even so you do not need to worry about it. Because all the targeted universities offer programs for international students, they usually accept a 3 year equivalent degree. Like universities like Harvard, MIT, Chicago, CBS, Duke and all more. If I answer it more simply, they do accept a three year degree as a bachelor. But I wanted to point out the other side so you can be sure.

Therefore, come to think of it, any international student can apply to USA universities with a three-year bachelor degree. But it does ot define that they accept it, they accept your equivalent degree. And also it is quite possible that your degree will not be recognized by some universities in the USA. But that’s a rare case.

If you want, share your bachelor profile. Here we can help you to see what are the best universities in the USA you can apply for. Ping if you need any more details on the subject.


Have another Question?
Get Answers from Experts within 12 hours