Can we change our stream from ECE to CS in germany ? Like I'm planning to do masters in data science and I'm from ECE branch.?

Is changing branch is applicable to all universities or is there any procedure to do so.

Asked by Raksha SG about 1 year ago

Answers 1
Nikhil Agarwal

Nikhil Agarwal

MentR-Me Team

Country Expert : Australia

It is feasible to change your major, but you must clearly state in your SOP why you chose CS and how you prepared to major in a field other than your undergraduate major. Nonetheless, candidates with a computer science background will be given an advantage in the admissions process. If admitted, you will need to take additional courses to compensate for the department move, and you must be prepared to compete with individuals who have excellent CS fundamentals. If you are an ECE student and wish to pursue a career in software, I recommend that you pursue an MS in Computer Engineering, which is offered at most universities through the Electrical and Computer Engineering Department. It primarily deals with computer hardware, although it also contains some software expertise. It has high job prospects in both the hardware and software industries and does not need ECE students to move departments. That being said, it will undoubtedly improve your chances of admission to universities. In addition to the GRE, TOEFL, and CGPA, related projects, journal publications, internships, extracurricular activities, and community service are all appreciated. If you have any further questions just ask me.


Have another Question?
Get Answers from Experts within 12 hours