Can I get fully funded scholarship in Canadian universities for my masters program?
Asked by KUPPIREDDY SRIDHAR REDDY over 1 year ago
You are eligible to apply for a range of financial aid programmes offered by the federal or provincial governments, academic institutions, or non-profit organisations as international students pursuing higher education in Canada. The information about study abroad scholarships is provided below for overseas students studying in Canada.
Scholarships available to International Students in Canada
Government Scholarships: Scholarships provided by the Canadian government are prizes offered by the government to entice students to study in Canada.
Non-Government Scholarships: To promote involvement and advancement in the targeted sector, several trusts, foundations, and organisations grant scholarships to students studying a particular degree stream.
Institutional Scholarships: Provided by Canadian universities and colleges to students enrolled in their programmes.
Canadian Government Scholarships for Foreign Students
The Canadian government also funds additional financial help or scholarship schemes. These consist of:
- Ontario Graduate Scholarships (OGS): These awards are made possible by partnerships between participating universities and the Canadian government. International students are enrolling in master's or doctorate programmes at a few universities. 15000 CAD is the total scholarship grant per year.
- Canadian colleges in Quebec offer financial aid to master's students. Quebec Provincial Government Scholarship Awards are given based on merit. Postdoctoral students receive 35,000 CAD annually, whereas doctoral students receive 25,000 CAD annually.
- Many fellowships are available through the Shastri-Indo Canadian Institute for students enrolled in graduate and postgraduate programmes in Canada.
- Canadian Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship: Offered to deserving students from Commonwealth nations enrolled in masters and doctoral programmes at Canadian universities. The grant pays for living expenses, travel costs, and tuition.
Canadian Non-Governmental Scholarships for Foreign Students
International students studying in Canada may be eligible for scholarships from particular groups, funds, and trusts. Following is a list of some of the well-known ones:
- Students pursuing doctoral studies in animal research at British Columbia or Quebec universities are eligible for the Anne Vallee Ecological Fund. The prize is worth 1,500 CAD.
- Trudeau Fellowships and Scholarships: Given to international students studying for doctorates in Canada. Under this programme, about 15 scholarships of 60,000 CAD are available.
- The Canada Memorial Scholarship is available to UK students studying for a graduate degree in Canada. The scholarship pays for lodging, travel, and tuition.
Universities in Canada That Provide Full Scholarships to Foreign Students Institutional Grants for International Students
- Lester B. Pearson International Student Scholarships at the University of Toronto
- International Student Scholarships at York University.
- International Student Scholarship at the University of British Columbia
The scholarship award is entirely funded, covering tuition fees and living expenses, as it is one of the Universities that provides full scholarships to overseas students in Canada.
Although just a few Canadian colleges give full scholarships to international students, the country offers many other types of financial aid.
Have another Question?
Get Answers from Experts within 12 hours