Can I get admitted into Canadian Universities with a 7.80 CGPA and Ielts 7 overall on less than 6.5 for the program MEng in Mechanical Engg?
Asked by Devesh Ajamire about 2 years ago
Only engineering graduates qualify for the two-year postgraduate MS or Masters in Mechanical Engineering program. It offers a highly in-depth look into mechanical engineering, with a curriculum designed precisely to meet the needs of students theoretical and practical understanding while laying the groundwork for those who wish to pursue scholarly and advanced research endeavours. In addition, the course covers highly specialised topics directly applicable to fieldwork, such as thermodynamics, technical writing, kinematics, machine design, and solid mechanics.
Students must obtain the required minimum test scores on the IELTS, TOEFL, or any other exam stipulated by the institution or university to pursue a master's degree in mechanical engineering in Canada. The list of them is below.
Name of the University
- McGill University requires iBT:92 in TOEFL and 6.5 to 7 in IELTS
- The University of Alberta requires iBT:95PBT:580 in TOEFL and 6.5 in IELTS
- The University of Waterloo requires iBT:90 in TOEFL and 6.5 to 7 in IELTS
- The University of British Columbia requires iBT:93 in TOEFL and 6.5 in IELTS
- The University of Toronto involves iBT: 93 in TOEFL and 6.5 in IELTS
- McMaster University requires PBT:550 CBT:213; iBT:88 in TOEFL and 6.5 in IELTS
- Queen's University at Kingston requires iBT:88 in TOEFL and 6.5 to 7 in IELTS.
Apart from your IELTS and TOEFL score, your whole profile matters for admissions, especially (and perhaps most importantly) how well it aligns with the university's current priorities (the research and the courses taught). A strong Statement of Purpose (SOP) is required to demonstrate your compatibility and gain admission. I can promise you that you can get into any university you apply to if you strive to be as coherent as you can in your SOP, although the choice will undoubtedly depend on the reader.
Canada is a fantastic location to learn technical skills. The country has a strong job market in this field. After graduation, students can obtain a job and a work visa. In Canada, there is a huge need for mechanical engineers. Thus, taking this course in Canada may make it easier for you to find employment that meets your needs.
Have another Question?
Get Answers from Experts within 12 hours