Among Canada & Germany which country has more job opportunities?

Asked by DANDA TEJA almost 2 years ago

Answers 1
Ajay Tewani

Ajay Tewani

Investment Analyst at IFC - World Bank Group | IIM Ahmedabad | CA | CFA Level III

It’s obvious to be confused between the two countries since both options are equally good destinations for studying abroad. Don’t worry, I have listed below some factors about both countries which can help you in making an informed decision. 



- Most Canadian universities do not accept 3-year Bachelor’s Degrees. A postgraduate diploma is often required in addition to a Bachelor’s, to qualify for Master’s programmes 

- Specific Master’s programmes, considers a 3-year Bachelor’s, on a case-by-case basis

- Most universities/programmes stipulate a minimum required GPA, which usually begins at 3.0 on a 4.0-point scale 

- The tuition fee for a Master’s programme ranges from 16,000-30,000 CAD per annum 

- Cost of living for one academic year is between 14,000-16,000 CAD per annum 

- A Master’s programme is typically of 1-2 years’ duration 

- The grading system involves a combination of percentage, GPA with different number scales, and letter grades (A+, A, B etc.) 

- The Canadian Student Permit must carry the stipulation that permits you to work on-campus 

- You are permitted to work only during the tenure of your studies 

- If you are required to work co-op or as an intern, you will have to apply for an additional work permit 

- Graduates can apply for the PGWP, which permits students to remain in the country for work following graduation 




- Most of universities only accept 4-year Bachelor’s Degrees. 

- However, an increasing number of prestigious universities such as MIT, Yale, Columbia etc. have started accepting 3-year degrees in the USA

- Average GPA of 3.0/4.0 or 65 – 70% and above is needed for enrolling in a masters degree

- The tuition for a masters programme falls between $11,700 – $45,000 per anum on an average

- Cost of living for one academic year is between $13,200 - $18000  per anum

- A Master’s programme is of 2 years’ duration. Some may take up to 3 years or more based on the time taken for the thesis & the nature of the programme

- The grading system involves GPA with different number scales and letter grades

 - US student visa allows you to work on-campus up to 20 hrs/ week when school is in session and full-time during school break periods

- Off-campus jobs are offered to only those students who have completed at least one full academic year of their program of study

- Graduates can apply for the temporary work permit called OPT for not more than 12 months

- You need to work in the USA for at least 5 years to get a PR




Have another Question?
Get Answers from Experts within 12 hours