Actually I completed BBA (specialized in finance) a few weeks ago and I'm planning to pursue MS in finance in Canada. Does the MS in finance preferable for BBA graduate?

Asked by Samuelyogesh37 11 months ago

Answers 1
Neha Shah

Neha Shah

Undergrad Student at Miranda House

Since your BBA specialization was finance itself, you can definitely pursue an MS in Finance if your have your interest in it. MS in Finance is undoubtedly a popular choice because of the excellent ROI and job scope. Here is a list of the highest paying jobs that you will get after doiing an MS in Finance:

1. Investment banker : $61,929 per year

2. Information technology auditor : $63,412 per year

3. Compliance analyst : $64,443 per year

4. Financial advisor : $66,931 per year

5. Insurance advisor : $67,263 per year

6. Financial analyst : $69,419 per year

7. Hedge fund manager : $98,256 per year

Here is a list of the top schools that you can target for MS in Finance in Canada: 

McGill University

Toronto University

HEC Montreal

Alberta School of Business

McMaster University


While this is just a general school list, you should also keep in mind that all universities have a certain set of profile requirements, and you need to apply to universities that align with your profile for the same. It’s not necessary that you will be able to apply to all of these mentioned universities because of your profile. Still,  there is also a possibility that you can get into some more exceptional universities. 

I know it can be a bit difficult to find out which universities match your profile, and then there is also a high chance of miscommunication because of a plethora of data over the internet. 

I suggest you check out the FREE School Explore Tool here. It will generate a personalised list of schools that match your profile and preferences. This will make it easier for you to narrow down your best choices then. 

Once you have your school list, I’m sure you would also have questions like how to apply, what are the documents required etc. Let me know, and I will help you with relevant information. 




Have another Question?
Get Answers from Experts within 12 hours